The resources offered by the School-Farm of Barreiros and its natural surroundings provide the children the base of their knowledge.
Resources from the farm:
- The farm animal breeds:
Celtic pigs, chickens of Mos, Galician blond cows, sheep, rabbits, a Galician thoroughbred horse, etc.
- The organic vegetable garden and crop fields (corn, wheat, potatoes, beets, etc..)..
- The weather station.
- Orchard: apple trees, chestnut trees, walnut trees , among others.
- The oak grove.
- The pond.
- Spacious rooms for workshops and agricultural activities.
Resources from the natural and rural surroundings:
- The surrounding forests: oak grove, chestnut...
- The surrounding streams.
- The villages for the study of architecture.
- The Pilgrim’s Road to Santiago (El Camino de Santiago).
- Different routes for the natural and historical-artistic heritage study.